Cornerstone Therapeutics (CRTX) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing products for the hospital, respiratory and related specialty markets. This stock is trading up 4% to $6.85 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.53-$6.9352-Week Range: $4.45-$8.64 Volume: 509,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 49,975 >>5 Biotech Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, CRTX is ripping big to the upside here with monster volume, and the stock has entered breakout territory since shares have moved above near-term overhead resistance at $6.54. This move is now pushing CRTX within range of triggering another breakout trade. That trade will hit once CRTX takes out some overhead resistance levels at $6.96 to $7 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as CRTX is trending above $6.54, and once it clears $6.96 to $7 with heavy volume. Look for volume on that move that registers near or above 49,975 shares. At last check, CRTX has hit an intraday high of $6.93 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 49,975 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CRTX will have a chance of hitting $7.50 to $8.50 rather quickly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV