"The idea that it elevates your performance and it has a high price point, in a lot of ways that attracts younger consumers, evidently -- that higher price point," said Grassi.
Though the revenue and profit bumps coupled with positive 2012 outlook gave investors good reason to jump into Under Armour equity, Svezia said Tuesday's rise could be a bit overheated.
"I'm a little surprised how strong the stock is today, I would have expected it to be up -- maybe not up 13% on these numbers -- because at the end of the day, the high end of their EBIT guidance of $207 million is sort of where the Street was prior to them reporting this quarter," said Svezia.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV