Eagle Bancorp Montana, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBMT), (the “Company,” “Eagle”), the holding company of American Federal Savings Bank, today reported its earnings increased 26% to $605,000, or $0.15 per diluted share, in the fourth fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to $482,000, or $0.12 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter a year ago. In the quarter ended March 31, 2012 it earned $658,000, or $0.17 per diluted share. In fiscal 2012 Eagle earned $2.2 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, compared to $2.4 million, or $0.62 per diluted share, in fiscal 2011.
The Company also announced its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.07125 per share payable August 24, 2012 to shareholders of record on August 3, 2012.
“For the past two years we have explored several growth opportunities in our markets and surrounding areas. The highlight of the year so far is our definitive agreement to purchase seven branch banking locations from Sterling Savings Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sterling Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: STSA), which we announced on July 2, 2012,” said Peter J. Johnson, President and CEO. “The transaction will more than double our franchise to 13 branches and extends our branch network throughout Southern Montana. It will provide our existing customers with added convenience and service and our new customers with the opportunity to enjoy the outstanding personalized service and commitment of a Montana-based community bank.”
Of the seven branches being acquired six are in new markets for Eagle, including two in Missoula, one in Billings, and one each in Hamilton, Livingston and Big Timber. The seventh is in Bozeman where Eagle already has a presence.Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Highlights
- Eagle earned $605,000 or $0.15 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to $658,000, or $0.17 per diluted share in the preceding quarter and $482,000, or $0.12 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Net interest margin was 3.51% in the fourth quarter, compared to 3.73% in the preceding quarter and 3.71% in the fourth quarter a year ago.
- Nonperforming assets were $5.6 million, or 1.70% of total assets at June 30, 2012, compared to $5.4 million, or 1.62% of total assets three months earlier and $4.1 million, or 1.24% of total assets a year ago.
- Nonperforming loans totaled $3.2 million, or 1.83% of total loans at June 30, 2012 compared to $3.5 million, or 1.95% of total loans three months earlier and $2.9 million, or 1.57% of total loans a year ago.
- Total deposits increased 5.16% year-over-year to $220.0 million.
- Capital ratios remain strong with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 17.22%.
- Declared regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.07125 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV