NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors are ghoulish.
We constantly speculate on the misfortune of others. When people are dying in Libya or Bahrain, we speculate on the price of oil. When workers are laid off in China we speculate on toys and iPods. When they riot in Greece we speculate on the euro.
Well, now our people are suffering. A historic drought has hit Midwestern farmers hard, as the Des Moines Register reports.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV