Build-A-Bear Workshop ®, the interactive entertainment retailer of customized stuffed animals, announced today that it is introducing a newly imagined store design in six markets across the United States in 2012. The new store design, which has been over two years in the making, merges the Build-A-Bear Workshop hands-on bear-making process with the power of technology to provide a magical new experience for Guests of all ages. The new design is an evolution that recognizes technology is a part of play for kids today and a way to enhance the signature Build-A-Bear Workshop process.
“The new stores will provide fun, memorable, and innovative experiences for families for years to come,” said Maxine Clark, founder and chief executive bear of Build-A-Bear Workshop. “When Build-A-Bear Workshop opened its first store, our concept redefined retail and this new design will once again change the industry. I am very excited about the enhanced features that will allow us to continue to lead in the interactive retail space.”
The newly designed store locations will be in premiere shopping centers throughout the United States including:
- West County Center in St. Louis, Mo.
- Stoneridge Shopping Center in Pleasanton, Calif.
- Annapolis Shopping Mall in Annapolis, Md.
- The Somerset Collection in Troy, Mich.
- Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, Va.
- Castleton Square Mall in Indianapolis, Ind.
“We remain committed to our mission to bring the teddy bear to life while providing the ‘funnest’ hour of a family’s day at all touch points — in our stores, on our e-commerce site, online in Bearville ™ and through our mobile app,” said Clark. “Our Guests have been a big part of our success and we have worked with a group of kids, our Cub Advisors, and their moms to perfect the working model of the store design. Our new stores will maintain the fun, memory-making and personal interaction for which we are known while adding new sensory and technological features.”Build-A-Bear Workshop will announce details and store opening dates this fall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV