Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATSG) announced today that it has obtained commitments for an expansion of the revolver portion of its secured credit facility with a consortium of banks led by SunTrust, and that it has extended the maturity of the entire facility by 14 months.
The changes increase by $50 million, to $225 million, the $175 million revolving credit portion of a $325 million credit facility that ATSG completed in May 2011 and was due to mature in May 2016. The facility also includes a $150 million term loan. Both the revolver and term loan portions of the credit agreement will now mature in July 2017.
The increase in the revolver was completed under the credit facility’s accordion feature, which provided for a $50 million increase in the revolver subject to approval of the bank consortium. The accordion feature remains, allowing ATSG to pursue, if it chooses, a further increase in either its term or revolver credit commitments.
“We continue to finance the expansion of our attractive freighter aircraft fleet with a combination of our operating cash flow and borrowed funds,” said Quint Turner, chief financial officer of ATSG. “The expanded facility will maintain our flexibility to continue that growth if and when we can acquire and modify mid-sized aircraft under terms that allow us to achieve our return-on-capital targets. The lending institutions participating in our credit facility remain supportive of our strategy, resulting again in an oversubscription of offered commitments.”The term loan will continue to amortize as provided under the credit agreement, adjusted for the new July 2017 maturity date. As of July 20, the outstanding balance on the revolver facility was $131.0 million, the vast majority of which was invested in the purchase of passenger aircraft and in the modification of those aircraft into freighter configuration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV