Global Truck Markets
DAF continued to strengthen its position in the European truck market, achieving a market share of 16.0 percent in the above 16-tonne segment in the first five months of 2012. “DAF is one of the market leaders in the European tractor segment as fleets recognize DAF’s product quality leadership, low operating costs and excellent resale value,” said Harrie Schippers, DAF president. “We estimate that 2012 industry registrations in the above 16-tonne truck market in Europe will be 210,000-230,000 units, compared to 241,000 units in 2011.”
“Class 8 industry retail sales in the U.S. and Canada are expected to be in the range of 210,000-230,000 vehicles in 2012. Industry retail sales in 2011 were 197,000 units. Our customers are benefiting from higher freight tonnage, improved fleet utilization rates and lower fuel prices,” said Dan Sobic, PACCAR executive vice president. “For the first half of 2012, PACCAR increased its Class 8 retail market share in the U.S. and Canada to 29.9 percent.”
Financial Highlights – Second Quarter 2012Highlights of PACCAR’s financial results for the second quarter of 2012 include:
- Consolidated sales and revenues of $4.46 billion.
- Net income of $297.2 million.
- Manufacturing cash and marketable securities of $2.59 billion.
- Cash generated from operations of $317.7 million.
- Record Financial Services pretax income of $77.4 million.
- Research and development expenses of $73.8 million.
- $2.0 billion of bank credit facilities renewed.
- 3.2 million shares repurchased for $123.9 million.
- Consolidated sales and revenues of $9.23 billion.
- Net income of $624.5 million.
- Cash generated from operations of $444.0 million.
- Financial Services pretax income of $148.7 million.
- Research and development expenses of $146.1 million.
- Medium-term note (MTN) issuances of $1.54 billion.
- Capital investments of $237.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV