Proto Labs, Inc. (NYSE:PRLB), a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer, today announced its financial results for the second quarter and the first six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Revenue for the second quarter of 2012 increased to $30.0 million, 25 percent above revenue of $24.1 million in the second quarter of 2011. US revenue increased 26 percent to $23.9 million and European revenue increased 16 percent to $5.1 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to the second quarter of 2011.
- For the first six months of 2012, revenue increased to $59.9 million, or 29 percent above revenue of $46.4 million during the first six months of 2011.
- During the first six months of 2012, revenue from 1,507 new customer companies totaled $7.4 million and revenue from 3,858 existing customer companies totaled $52.5 million.
- Net income during the second quarter of 2012 totaled $5.1 million, or $0.20 per share. After adding back the after-tax expense of stock compensation, non-GAAP net income was $5.7 million, or $0.23 per share. See “Non-GAAP Financial Measure” below.
“Our continuing revenue growth reflects the growing adoption of our Protomold and Firstcut services,” said Brad Cleveland, President and CEO of Proto Labs. “Our strong second quarter financial results were achieved despite macro-environment headwinds and demonstrate the robustness of our global, diversified, technology-enabled business and the benefits of a very broad customer base.”
Additional highlights include:
- Gross margin was 59.1 percent of revenue in the second quarter of 2012 compared with 60.4 percent in the second quarter of 2011.
- During the second quarter of 2012, spending on research and development, including the Protoworks initiatives, totaled $2.4 million, or 8.0 percent of revenue. This compares to $1.7 million, or 5.5 percent of revenue during the first quarter of 2012.
- Operating margin was 24.9 percent of revenue compared with 27.6 percent in the second quarter a year ago.
- Cash generated from operations totaled $11.5 million in the first six months of 2012 compared to $10.4 million during the same period in 2011.
- Expenditures on capital equipment were $12.7 million in the first half of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV