So with that brief overview, I'm going to turn the time over to our Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, Doyle Arnold, to review in a little more detail the quarterly performance. Doyle?
Doyle L. Arnold
Thank you, Harris. Good afternoon, everyone. Good evening to those of you on -- in the Eastern Time zone. As noted in the release, we posted net income applicable to common shareholders of $55.2 million or $0.30 per diluted common share for the quarter. As we've done in past quarters, we've also presented to you the earnings in a way that excludes the noncash sub debt amortization costs and the FDIC loan discount accretion. We believe this information is useful to longer-term-oriented investors as we don't expect those income and expense items to be with us in the perpetuity. And on that basis, the earnings available to common were $0.40 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV