Writing for the website Seeking Alpha, Nigam Arora made a similar argument, linking the strong performance of both Sturm, Ruger and Smith & Wesson during the Obama presidency to stockpiling by "gun enthusiasts" afraid the President would try to enact tougher gun laws.
Indeed, since the start of 2008, shares of Sturm, Ruger and Smith & Wesson are up 425% and 61% respectively, compared to negative returns for the DJIA and the S&P 500 and a 7% return for the Nasdaq Composite index.
While the National Rifle Association has continued to push the image of Obama as "anti-gun," the Obama Administration has continued to defend the rights of gun owners even in the wake of last week's shootings, notes The Christian Science Monitor.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV