Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE:ELN) announced today that Pfizer has issued a top-line result in the first of four Bapineuzumab Phase 3 studies carried out by Pfizer and Janssen AI. The press release can be accessed on http://www.pfizer.com/news/press_releases/pfizer_press_release.jsp?guid=20120723006412en&source=RSS_2011&page=1
As referenced in the Pfizer announcement, Study 302 is the first of four placebo-controlled Phase 3 studies to complete a comprehensive development program of bapineuzumab IV. Jansen AI is leading two Phase 3 studies of patients who are ApoE4 carriers (Study 302) and non-carriers (Study 301) at sites primarily in North America. Pfizer is conducting two Phase 3 studies of patients who are ApoE4 carriers (Study 3001) and non – carriers (Study 3000) at sites primarily outside North America.
As further referenced in the announcement, the topline results from Study 301 in patients with mild – to – moderate Alzheimer’s who do not carry the ApoE4 genotype will soon be available.
In September 2009, as a result of its transaction with Johnson & Johnson, Elan acquired a 49.9% interest in Janssen AI.About Elan Elan is a neuroscience focused biotechnology company committed to making a difference in the lives of patients and their families by dedicating itself to bringing innovations in science to fill significant unmet medical needs that continue to exist around the world. For additional information about Elan, please visit http://www.elan.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV