The Company’s repositioning actions include the anticipated closure of a small manufacturing facility in England, which had total sales of $8 million in 2011. The Company expects to supply selected European customers from plants located in the United States. Repositioning charges of $1.1 million on a pre-tax basis were recorded in the second quarter of 2012. In addition to the amounts recorded in the second quarter, the Company expects to incur additional pre-tax charges related to these actions in the second half of 2012 of approximately $2 million. Pre-tax savings associated with these actions are expected to approximate $1 million annually beginning in 2013.
|(dollars in millions)||2012||2011|
|Operating Profit, before Special Items*||$11.4||$7.1||$4.3||60%|
|Profit Margin, before Special Items*||11.7%||7.6%|
|* Repositioning charges associated with optimizing manufacturing operations and an anticipated facility sale.|
Merchandising Systems sales of $97.6 million increased $3.6 million, or 4%, reflecting higher sales in Vending and, to a lesser extent, Payment Solutions. Operating profit before Special Items increased $4.3 million, reflecting strong margin improvement in both Vending and Payment Solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV