- Orders increased 4 percent compared to the prior year (+1 percent organic, +6 percent acquisition and -3 percent foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 9 percent compared to the prior year (+6 percent organic, +6 percent acquisition and -3 percent foreign currency translation).
- Reported net income of $54 million was $4 million, or 8 percent, higher than the prior year. Excluding restructuring related charges, adjusted net income was $56 million or 7 percent higher than prior year adjusted net income.
- Reported diluted EPS of 65 cents was 5 cents, or 8 percent, higher than the prior year EPS. Adjusted EPS of 67 cents was 5 cents, or 8 percent, higher than the prior year adjusted EPS.
- EBITDA of $108 million was 22 percent of sales and covered interest expense by more than 10 times.
- Free cash flow was $71 million, representing a second quarter record and 130 percent of net income. Year-to-date free cash flow continues to be strong – up 86 percent from the prior year.
- The Company completed the repurchase of 626 thousand shares of common stock for $25.9 million. Year-to-date, the Company has returned $118 million of capital through share repurchases, cash dividends and the repayment of debt.
IDEX Reports Record Second Quarter Orders, Sales And Free Cash Flow; Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of 67 Cents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.