Finally, when asked about what needs to happen to get the U.S. economy moving, Jordan said getting Europe off the front page would be a start. But he also said that the November elections and the pending "fiscal cliff" are also important factors.
Cramer remained bullish on First Horizon.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer opined on the $20 billion worth of mergers and acquisitions announced Monday including China's CNOOC (CEO) buying Canada's Nexen and closely held Joh H. Benckiser shelling out $1billion for Peet's Coffee & Tea (PEET).
He said while it may be easy to dismiss these mergers in the shadow of Europe, they mean a big deal for those who own shares of any of these companies. For the companies themselves, it's an even bigger deal.Cramer said while many see acquisitions as a needle in a haystack, Monday's deals may be signaling the beginning of a trend. These stocks may not be worth a lot to the markets, he said, but to other companies who need growth they're a bargain. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV