Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nobody wants to hear about opportunities on big down days in the markets, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Monday.
That's because for most investors, down days are a time to wallow in the European morass and focus on losses. But for smart investors, down days are nothing more than the markets putting great companies on sale.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Sandy Cutler, chairman and CEO of Eaton (ETN), a company that delivered an earnings beat of six cents a share but also cut its full-year guidance amid a slowing global economy. Despite the weakness, shares of Eaton soared 9% in Monday's trading and are up 9% since Cramer reiterated his buy on the stock a month ago. Cutler said that despite some global weakness, Eaton still saw a strong quarter with higher margins thanks to its new, innovative products. Here in the U.S., he noted, non-residential construction was up 4% and looks to be beginning a multiple-year run to the upside. Aerospace is also bother area of strength for Eaton.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV