Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nobody wants to hear about opportunities on big down days in the markets, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Monday.
That's because for most investors, down days are a time to wallow in the European morass and focus on losses. But for smart investors, down days are nothing more than the markets putting great companies on sale.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Sandy Cutler, chairman and CEO of Eaton (ETN), a company that delivered an earnings beat of six cents a share but also cut its full-year guidance amid a slowing global economy. Despite the weakness, shares of Eaton soared 9% in Monday's trading and are up 9% since Cramer reiterated his buy on the stock a month ago. Cutler said that despite some global weakness, Eaton still saw a strong quarter with higher margins thanks to its new, innovative products. Here in the U.S., he noted, non-residential construction was up 4% and looks to be beginning a multiple-year run to the upside. Aerospace is also bother area of strength for Eaton.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV