The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, ( www.thefirstbank.com) today reported earnings for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be August 13, 2012 with a payable date of August 27, 2012.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended June 30, 2012 amounted to $931,000, or $.30 per diluted share, compared to $585,000, or $.19 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2011, an increase of $346,000 or 59.1%.
Net income available to common stockholders for the six months ended June 30, 2012 amounted to $1,796,000, or $.58 per diluted share, compared to $1,000,000, or $.33 per diluted share for the same period in 2011, an increase of $796,000 or 79.6%.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, President & Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are extremely happy with the performance of the company during the first half of 2012. We continue to grow our business and increase our profitability. Our team members have done an excellent job of integrating the new branches and taking advantage of the opportunities provided by our increased market share.”The following are key highlights for the six months ended June 30, 2012:
- Assets grew 2.8% to $700.6 million
- Deposits increased 2.6% to $588.0 million
- Annualized return on average assets increased to .52% during the six month period from .44% for the calendar year 2011
- Annualized return on average equity increased to 5.81% during the six month period from 5.16% for the calendar year 2011
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV