Macy's (M) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Macy's fell 57 cents (-1.6%) to $35.03 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.52-$35.21 after having opened the day at $34.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.60. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: VisionChina Media (VISN), down 27.1%, Ultrapetrol Bahamas (ULTR), down 21.5%, AirMedia Group (AMCN), down 16.9%, and Armco Metals Holdings (CNAM), down 10.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about M
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV