Access National Corporation (NASDAQ: ANCX), parent company for Access National Bank, reported record second quarter net income of $3.9 million, a 44.4% increase over the $2.7 million recorded in the second quarter of 2011. This represents the company’s 4 th consecutive quarterly earnings in excess of $3 million and its 48 th consecutive quarterly profit over its 12½ year history. Net income per diluted common share was $0.38, an increase of 46.2% over the $0.26 reported in the second quarter of 2011.
Based on record earnings, strong capital and favorable outlook, the Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.06 per share for holders of record as of August 8, 2012 and payable on August 24, 2012.
Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2012 totaled $7.3 million compared to $5.0 million for the same period in 2011, highlighted by an increase in pre-tax, pre-provision earnings of the commercial bank segment and increased earnings in the mortgage banking segment driven by an increase in loan origination volume. Net interest margin remained steady at 3.95% for the 6 month period ended June 30, 2012 as compared to 3.77% for the same period in 2011. Diluted earnings per share were $0.71 compared to $0.48 in 2011.
Return on annualized average assets was 1.95% for the second quarter of 2012 compared to 1.66% for the first quarter of 2012 and 1.51% for the second quarter of 2011. Return on annualized average equity was 17.55% for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 compared to 16.03% for the first quarter of 2012 and 13.92% for the same period last year.Total assets amounted to $841.7 million compared to $809.8 million at December 31, 2011. The increase in assets is mainly attributable to an increase in both loans held for investment as well as loans held for sale, and was funded by the increase in deposits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV