BRIDGEWATER, N.J., July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanofi US today launched the Collaborate Activate Innovation Challenge, which will award a total of $500,000 to teams of patient advocacy groups and/or medical professional associations who deliver novel approaches to better engage patients in their own health. Based on the concept that advocates working together can make a bigger collective impact than groups working alone, the Challenge requires groups to collaborate to qualify for the contest.
"To achieve successful health outcomes, the patient must be actively engaged in his or her own health," said Anne Whitaker, President North America Pharmaceuticals at Sanofi US. "With patients spending on average only a few hours in a doctor's office a year, successful management of any health condition goes beyond the physician and requires positive impact from the groups that support the patient - from caregivers to patient advocates to providers. Sanofi US is pleased to present the Collaborate Activate Innovation Challenge to promote collaboration between the key patient influencers to help identify new ways to encourage patient engagement, to help patients navigate their journey with their condition, and ultimately to improve the patients' health outcomes."
The Innovation Challenge is designed to foster collaboration between non-profit organizations with a common purpose and promote sharing of complementary resources to accelerate the impact on people's health. To support this idea, the entries must meet these parameters:
- Proposed ideas must focus on engaging people to take an active role in their healthcare
- Submissions must include two or more non-profit patient advocacy groups and/or medical professional organizations; a multidisciplinary approach is highly encouraged
Four finalist teams will receive opportunities for mentorship to fully optimize impact and outcomes. At a Finalist Event, the four teams will present their plans to a panel of expert judges and a winning team and runner-up will be selected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV