MPG Office Trust Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
MPG Office Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MPG), a Southern California-focused real estate investment trust, today reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Significant Second Quarter Events
- We had $193.8 million of cash as of June 30, 2012 (excluding restricted cash related to mortgages in default), of which $166.5 million was unrestricted and $27.3 million was restricted.
- On April 10, 2012, Glendale Center was placed in receivership pursuant to an agreement with the special servicer that provides for a cooperative foreclosure and a general release of claims under the loan documents at the conclusion of the foreclosure process. The special servicer has commenced foreclosure proceedings.
- On April 19, 2012, we disposed of Brea Corporate Place and Brea Financial Commons pursuant to a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure agreement. As a result, we were relieved of the obligation to repay the $109.0 million mortgage loan secured by these properties. In addition, we received a general release of claims under the loan documents.
- On May 18, 2012, trustee sales were held with respect to Stadium Towers Plaza and an adjacent land parcel. As a result of the foreclosures, we were relieved of the obligation to repay the $100.0 million mortgage loan secured by the property as well as accrued contractual and default interest on the mortgage loan. In addition, we received a general release of claims under the loan documents pursuant to our previous in-place agreement with the special servicer.
- On May 23, 2012, we entered into an agreement with the special servicer for Two California Plaza. A receiver had previously been put in place on March 23, 2012. Pursuant to this agreement, the Company will temporarily remain the title holder of the asset until Two California Plaza is transferred to another party or there is a completed foreclosure, with a definitive outside date of December 31, 2012, at which time the Company will cease to own the asset. We are not obligated to pay any amounts and are not subject to any liability or obligation in connection with our exit from the asset, other than to cooperate in the sale or other disposition. We will receive a general release of claims under the loan documents at the time of exit. In connection with this agreement, we paid $1.0 million to the special servicer related to certain historical operational liabilities.
- On May 25, 2012, we disposed of the City Tower development site located in Orange, California. We received net proceeds of approximately $7 million, which will be used for general corporate purposes.
- On June 6, 2012, we entered into an agreement with the special servicer for 3800 Chapman and the asset was placed in receivership on June 13, 2012. Pursuant to this agreement, the Company will temporarily remain the title holder of the asset until 3800 Chapman is transferred to another party or there is a completed foreclosure, with a definitive outside date of December 31, 2012, at which time the Company will cease to own the asset. We are not obligated to pay any amounts and are not subject to any liability or obligation in connection with our exit from the asset, other than to cooperate in the sale or other disposition. We will receive a general release of claims under the loan documents at the time of exit. Also pursuant to this agreement, our Operating Partnership received a release from all claims under the guaranty of partial payment in return for a payment of $2.0 million.
- On July 9, 2012, we extended the maturity date of the mortgage loan at KPMG Tower for an additional one year, to October 9, 2013. As part of the extension, we repaid $35.0 million of principal, which reduced the outstanding loan balance from $400.0 million to $365.0 million. Additionally, we funded a $5.0 million leasing reserve and agreed to a full cash sweep of excess operating cash flow beginning on September 9, 2012. Excess operating cash flow (cash flow after the funding of certain reserves, the payment of property operating expenses and the payment of debt service) will be applied to fund a $1.5 million capital expenditure reserve, to fund an additional $5.0 million into the leasing reserve, and thereafter, to reduce the outstanding principal balance of the loan.
The interest rate on the loan is LIBOR plus 1.65%. Beginning on October 10, 2012, the $321 million A Note will bear interest at LIBOR plus 3.00% and the $44 million B Note will bear interest at LIBOR plus 5.10%.
- On July 12, 2012, we disposed of Stadium Gateway (a joint venture property) located in Anaheim, California. We received net proceeds from the transaction of approximately $1 million, including reimbursement of loan reserves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV