4. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM)
Company profile: Canadian Imperial Bank, with a market value of $29 billion, is the nation's fifth-largest bank.
Dividend Yield: 5.02%
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 0.3% this year, have a three-year, annualized return of 12.6% and a 10-year return of 13.5%. Analysts give its shares one "buy" rating, five "buy/holds," and 12 "holds," according to a survey of analysts by S&P.Analysts' consensus estimate is that CIBC will earn $7.78 per share this year, (up 6% from last year) and grow earnings by 4%, to $8.13 per share, next year. S&P rates its shares a "buy" with an $80 price target, which is a 12.6% premium to the current price. 3. Bank of Montreal ( BMO) Company profile: Bank of Montreal, with a market value of $37 billion, is the fourth-largest bank in Canada. Dividend Yield: 4.8% Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 7.3% this year, have a three-year, annualized return of 13.6% and a 10-year return of 13.6%. Analysts give its shares three "buy/hold," ratings, 12 "holds," three "weak holds," and one "sell," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. S&P has it "buy" rated with a $65 price target, which is a 13% premium to the current price. It's expected to earn $5.59 per share this year and $5.93 per share in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV