- CAI reported record net income attributable to CAI common stockholders for the second quarter of 2012 of $0.77 per fully diluted share, a 40% increase compared to $0.55 for the second quarter of 2011.
- Rental revenue for the second quarter of 2012 increased 42% compared to the second quarter of 2011.
- CAI leased out approximately 45,000 TEUs of containers during the quarter, and purchased approximately 22,000 TEUs of containers from two managed portfolios for $27 million.
- CAI’s year-to-date investment in rental equipment exceeds $350 million, of which $310 million is marine containers.
- During the quarter CAI’s container fleet reached over 1 million TEUs.
- CAI closed an $80 million term debt facility, increased its revolving credit facility commitments to $465 million notes and completed an $85 million revolving credit facility for the acquisition of railcars.
- CAI purchased approximately 1,200 railcars for $41 million, all of which are on lease with an average lease term of 3 years. The company has commitments to purchase another $10 million of railcars and expects continued investment through the end of the year.
CAI International, Inc. Reports Record Results For The Second Quarter Of 2012 – Revenue Increases 38%, EPS Increases 40% Vs Second Quarter 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts