The second issue with Caesars is they are controlled by a large fund. This is a double-edged sword. While having a say in the company isn't likely to happen soon, the smartest guys in the room are probably from the fund.
Las Vegas Sands
Las Vegas Sands remains my top pick at this time. The combination of U.S., China, and Singapore casinos instills resilience for economic downturns. Interest expense for the rather large debt load continues falling, and there is plenty of time to secure renewed financing as debt comes due.
TheStreet'sTimothy Collins recently wrote about LVS volatility
No need to hurry or rush to the tables though. The current chart pattern is a bearish trend and $30 is the next major support area. I don't expect $30, but $35 is not off the table. September $34 strike put options are attractive at $1 per contract this week. (Read my article
If LVS does continue falling and an option writer was exercised, the cost basis for shares is only $33. Selling puts mitigates risk, pays you for your time and if The Sands doesn't fall enough to get exercised the return is 3% for a holding period of 60 days. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV