Wynn is well run, and no one knows Vegas better than Steve Wynn. Wynn also has operations in Macau with more in the works.
Finding staff is an issue for Macau (not in Vegas), but staffing should not turn into a material problem. China taxes the casinos at such a high level that they don't want to turn the money faucet down any more than the casinos.
Wynn has a history of paying fat dividends. Unfortunately, taxes on dividends starting in 2013 are going either higher or really higher depending on your tax bracket. We will have to wait to see what impact the higher tax rates will have on the amount of dividends, but it's safe to say betting on sizable increases may turn into a long shot.
MGM MirageMGM data by YCharts
MGM is weighted down from a titanic debt load, only this titanic doesn't appear to sink as quickly. At some point, MGM is a buy, but that point is not here yet. MGM has a lot of rooms to fill and 2013 is just around the corner. MGM Debt to Equity Ratio data by YCharts
If Washington comes together and taxes remain at current levels I would add shares to a portfolio. However, the odds are in the same ball park as me winning the World Series of Poker this year.
CaesarsCZR data by YCharts
Caesars Entertainment (CZR) is a well-run operation, but the stock has a few issues to note. One is the size of the float relative to the total shares. The float is only about 20% of the total shares, and profits have been elusive for management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV