Second Quarter Ultra Fund Families
Of the fund families with less than 10 rated funds, the 'Ultra' fund family winner is Weitz Series with all five of their stock funds ranked at 'buy' including the A+ rated Weitz Series-Hickory Fund (WEHIX).
Two fund families tied for second place with all three of their funds ranked in the top 30%. PRIMECAP Odyssey Agg Growth Fd (POAGX) is the highest rated fund from PRIMECAP Odyssey Funds at B+. Lateef I (LIMIX) is the highest rated fund from Lateef Funds at "A".
TheStreet.com Ratings condenses the available fund performance and risk data into a single composite opinion of each fund's risk-adjusted performance. This allows the unbiased identification of those funds that have historically done well and those that have underperformed the market.
While there is no guarantee of future performance, these Investment Ratings provide a solid framework for making informed, timely investment decisions. In order to qualify for a rating, an open-end fund must either have three years of risk and return data or be an additional share class of an existing fund with at least three years of performance statistics. Some related fund families of the same parent company have been grouped together.Funds rated A or B are considered "Buy" rated based on a track record of higher than average risk-adjusted performance. Funds at the C level are rated as "Hold," while underperformers at the D and E levels our model ranks as "Sell." -- Reported by Kevin Baker in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV