SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt., July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FairPoint Communications announced today it is planning to expand broadband Internet in 53 towns across Vermont – in unserved neighborhoods from Troy to Halifax as well as dozens of other towns across the Green Mountain State.
In all, multiple neighborhoods in 53 towns will see this new high-speed access. These towns include: Albany, Barnard, Barnet, Belvidere, Bethel, Bloomfield, Bradford, Braintree, Brookfield, Burke, Chelsea, Glastenbury, Granby, Groton, Guildhall, Halifax, Hancock, Hardwick, Irasburg, Lemington, Lowell, Maidstone, Montgomery, Newark, Newfane, Newport Town, Pomfret, Pownal, Putney, Randolph, Reading, Rochester, Royalton, Rupert, Sandgate, Shaftsbury, Sharon, Sheffield, Stockbridge, Strafford, Stratton, Townshend, Troy, Tunbridge, Victory, Walden, Wardsboro, West Windsor, Westfield, Westminster, Whitingham, Wolcott and Woodbury.
"This is another crucial step in getting fast reliable broadband to all Vermonters," said Mike Smith, Vermont state president for FairPoint. "With this latest project, FairPoint will have invested almost $100 million for broadband across Vermont since 2008. That's unprecedented."
FairPoint will leverage $2 million from the Federal Communications Commission's Connect America Fund, or CAF, established last year with the sole purpose to accelerate broadband buildout to the 18 million Americans living in rural areas who currently have no access to robust broadband services.This initiative will bring broadband to approximately 7,100 locations of which more than 2,600 will qualify for CAF funding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV