Wall Street expects a strong report from the iPhone maker. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Apple to generate earnings of $10.36 per share on $37.18 billion in revenue. Analysts surveyed by Estimize expect profit of $11.46 a share and $39.26 billion in sales.
The iPhone is expected to garner most of the attention, given Apple's pending transition from older models to the new model, reportedly due out in September or October. The iPhone accounted for more than half of Apple's $46.33 billion revenue last quarter, as it sold 37.04 million iPhones.
This is also the first quarter Apple will pay a dividend for the first time since 1995. In March, Apple announced it would pay a quarterly dividend of $2.65 per share, and buyback $10 billion worth of stock. The buyback program will start in fiscal 2013, which commences on Sept. 30, 2012.With the new iPhone in the spotlight, some analysts have concerns that sales of the device could be weak. Sanford Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi says there's a "reasonable probability
Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV