William & Blair analyst Bhavan Suri reiterated his "outperform" rating, as the virtualization software company reports second-quarter earnings Wednesday. Suri is looking for $2.75 per share in non-GAAP earnings on revenue of $2.54 billion.
"We expect the company to announce healthy second quarter results, slightly beating top line and bottom line expectations. While the economic environment continued to deteriorate over the course of the quarter, we believe the company did not witness significant weakness in demand and therefore should exceed expectations," he wrote in a note to clients last week.
Zynga (ZNGA) was a rare bright spot on the NASDAQ on Monday, climbing 6.46% to $4.82, as investors anticipate the gaming company's second-quarter earnings, released after closing bell. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Zynga to report revenue of $344.85 million and earnings of 6 cents a share for the quarter.The stock has dropped over 45% since the beginning of the year. Facebook (FB), where Zynga generates most of its revenue, fell 0.90% to $28.43 on Monday, outpacing the NASDAQ. Capstone Investments reported last week that the number of Facebook users decreased 1.1% over the past six months. The social network reports its second-quarter earnings on Thursday, its first report since becoming a public company. --Written by Nathalie Pierrepont in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. >Contact by Email. Follow @nrpierrepont
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV