Union Bank, N.A., today announced that longtime banking industry human resources executive Annemieke van der Werff has joined the company as Chief Human Resources Officer. She succeeds retiring Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Paul E. Fearer, who has served as head of Human Resources since 1996. Fearer joined Union Bank in 1990.
Van der Werff will oversee all aspects of developing the bank’s human resources and people strategies, including: talent acquisition and staffing; talent management and leadership development; compensation and benefits; talent management and development; and diversity and inclusion initiatives for nearly 11,000 employees.
She will be based in San Francisco and will report to Union Bank President and Chief Executive Officer Masashi Oka, who also serves as The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU) Chief Executive Officer for the Americas. Van der Werff will be a member of the bank’s policy-making Executive Committee and she will collaborate on global and regional human resources initiatives with BTMU.
“Annemieke is a global human resources leader who brings a deep knowledge of the banking industry and 30 years executive leadership experience to Union Bank,” said Oka. “Her level of accomplishment in the areas of organizational effectiveness, change management and diversity and inclusion are exactly what Union Bank needs to advance the bank’s growth across North America.”Van der Werff most recently served as head of Human Resources for Global Functions and the Global Retail Bank for HSBC Holdings plc. Based in London, she developed and implemented the institution’s human resources strategies for its Global Functions and Global Retail Banking divisions, which included more than 250,000 employees. She was also a member of its Global Human Resources Executive Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV