(NASDAQ:AMZN)—Amazon.com, Inc. today announced its Big Fall Books Preview ( www.amazon.com/fallbookspreview). In anticipation of the publishing season that’s known for some of the most exciting debuts, well-regarded nonfiction and blockbuster fiction, the Amazon.com Books Editors have made their selections for fall’s ten most intriguing releases. Their Big Fall Books Preview also features the season’s most anticipated releases in fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks, biographies and mysteries, along with the most exciting upcoming releases for kids and teens.
“Fall tends to bring readers some of the best, most-sure-to-be-talked-about books, and this year’s lineup looks especially impressive,” said Sara Nelson, Editorial Director of Books and Kindle, Amazon.com. “In fact, our Editorial team was so excited about so many upcoming books that, in addition to the Top 10 list, each of us picked three more upcoming books that we already love, or can’t wait to get our hands on, and included these suggestions as another feature in our Big Fall Books Preview. Whether customers are looking for a book for their teenager, or the delicious novels they’ll soon devour in front of a fire, there’s plenty of great reading to go around.”
Below are the Amazon Books Editors’ picks for the 10 most intriguing books of Fall, listed alphabetically by author:
- “Telegraph Avenue” by Michael Chabon: The beloved author of “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay” returns with a knowing story of life in politically correct northern California.
- “America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren’t” by Stephen Colbert: According to the author and TV phenomenon, this one might “singlebookedly pull this country back from the brink.”
- “The Twelve (Book Two of The Passage Trilogy)” by Justin Cronin: In a world ravaged by the vampire apocalypse that spread in “The Passage,” survivors band together to eradicate the origins of the virus.
- “Winter of the World: Book Two of the Century Trilogy” by Ken Follett: The follow-up to “Fall of Giants” is a doorstop of a tale of World War II and the nuclear age.
- “ Flight Behavior” by Barbara Kingsolver: Global warming has never been so fascinating—or beautiful—as in this novel by the renowned author of “The Poisonwood Bible.”
- “The Casual Vacancy” by J.K. Rowling: The very definition of “highly anticipated,” this blackly comic tale of a town in trouble is the Harry Potter creator’s first book expressly for adults.
- “Joseph Anton: A Memoir” by Salman Rushdie: From the celebrated novelist, the true-life tale of hiding for his life.
- “NW” by Zadie Smith: A characteristically brilliant comic novel about four young people making their way in complicated London.
- “The Oath: The Obama White House v. the Supreme Court” by Jeffrey Toobin: A surprising look at how two branches of government do—and don’t—get along.
- “Back to Blood” by Tom Wolfe: Think “Bonfire of the Vanities” goes to Miami. Class, race, politics. It’s all there—in Wolfe’s typically audacious style.
To see the complete Big Fall Books Preview, go to www.amazon.com/fallbookspreview.About Amazon.com Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant color touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV