SAO PAULO, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (BM&FBovespa: BBDC3; BBDC4), (NYSE: BBD) in the first half of 2012 are presented below:
1. Adjusted Net Income(1) in the first half of 2012 stood at R$5.712 billion (a 2.7% increase compared to the R$5.563 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.97 in the last 12 months and Return on Average Shareholders' Equity(2) of 20.6%.
2. Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$3.926 billion from financial activities, representing 68.7% of the total, and R$1.786 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 31.3%.
3. On June 30, 2012, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$104.869 billion(3).4. Total Assets stood at R$830.520 billion in June 2012, a 20.5% increase over the same period in 2011. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%. 5. The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$364.963 billion in June 2012, up 14.1% on the same period in 2011. Operations with individuals totaled R$112.235 billion (up 9.1%), while operations with companies totaled R$252.728 billion (up 16.5%). 6. Assets under Management stood at R$1.131 trillion, up 21.0% on June 2011. 7. Shareholders' Equity stood at R$63.920 billion in June 2012, up 21.0% on June 2011. Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 17.0% in June 2012, 11.8% of which fell under Tier I Capital. 8. Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders for income in the first half of 2012 in the amount of R$1,916 million, of which R$1,122 million was paid as monthly and interim dividends and R$794 million was recorded in provision. 9. Financial Margin stood at R$21.729 billion, up 15.4% in comparison with the first half of 2011. 10. The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days stood at 4.2% on June 30, 2012 (3.7% on June 30, 2011). 11. The Efficiency Ratio(5) improved by 0.3 p.p. (from 42.7% in June 2011 to 42.4% in June 2012) and the "adjusted-to-risk" ratio stood at 53.1% (52.2% in June 2011). 12. Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$20.988 billion the first half of 2012, up 20.1% over the same period in 2011. Technical Reserves stood at R$111.789 billion, up 19.0% on June 2011. 13. Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$1.986 billion in the first half of 2012, a 14.1% increase on the previous year. 14. Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$11.483 billion, of which R$4.945 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$6.538 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 114.5% of Adjusted Net Income (1). 15. Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, comprising 7,893 service points (4,650 branches and 3,243 Service Branches - PAs). Customers can also use 1,476 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 40,476 Bradesco Expresso service points, 35,226 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 12,258 Banco24Horas ATMs. 16. Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$5.002 billion. Social benefits provided to the 104,531 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$1.202 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$62.599 million. 17. Major Awards and Recognitions in the period:
- Bradesco was recognized as the "Best Brazilian Bank" and " Latin America's Best Bank" in the 2012 edition of the Euromoney Awards for Excellence, which is annually granted by British magazine Euromoney, renowned as one of the world's most important in the financial institution segment; Bradesco is one of the world's most solid banks. It ranked 13th among 20 global institutions, and is the only truly Brazilian bank in the ranking (Bloomberg News);
- Bradesco is the private company with the most valuable brand in Brazil. In general ranking (including government companies), it placed second among 480 brands in 32 categories, and placed first among Latin American companies (BrandAnalytics / Millward Brown – IstoE magazine);
- Bradesco Organization stood out in the Best and Largest 2012 edition: it ranked first among the "200 Largest Groups" and "50 Largest Banks that Operate in Brazil," and it is also the private financial institution with highest number of demand deposits and rural loans, checking account holders and active credit cards. In the insurance segment, Grupo Bradesco Seguros e Previdencia occupied three the top six positions in the insurance segment ranking in Brazil through Bradesco Saude (first), Bradesco Vida e Previdencia and Bradesco Auto/RE (Exame magazine);
- The Organization was granted the "Best Company to Launch a Career Award," in the "Young Talent Retention" category (Voce S/A magazine in partnership with FIA – Fundacao Instituto de Administracao);
- Bradesco won the "2012 Consumidor Moderno" Award for Excellence in Customer Service, in the "Premium Bank" and "Credit Card" categories (Consumidor Moderno magazine – Grupo Padrao); and
- The Investor Relations area was awarded the "Best Investor Relations of the Financial Sector," according to IR Magazine Awards Brazil 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts