Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSFT):
IT managers are keenly aware of the investment their organizations have made in SharePoint®, and for good reason. SharePoint helps businesses improve content collaboration and increase access to business intelligence, while ensuring that strong data security, compliance and auditing processes are in place.
Unfortunately, many organizations struggle to drive SharePoint usage, and thus miss the inherent benefits of the platform. Organizations cannot assume that once they’ve deployed SharePoint, users will immediately embrace the change in work habits needed to leverage all the benefits SharePoint has to offer. As the real owner of SharePoint, IT must make a concerted effort to drive SharePoint adoption to ensure the company’s investment is a strategic advantage, and does not become an unused digital wasteland.
To help change the issue of SharePoint adoption, Quest Software launched AttachThis, a new tool that enables Outlook® users to take advantage of SharePoint without changing their desktop context. In addition to the new tool, SharePoint experts at Quest identified three reasons why IT needs to take the reins to help drive SharePoint adoption.Tweet This: New @Quest AttachThis Helps IT Drive #SharePoint Adoption (via @QuestSharePoint) http://bit.ly/NDPGZ9 Collaborative Tools Can Speed SharePoint Adoption:
- Available today, Quest® AttachThis is an easy-to-use Outlook add-in that enables end users to adopt SharePoint for content collaboration without changing the way they work. With AttachThis, users can:
- Automatically upload attachments to SharePoint and replace the attachment with a link that is then sent to recipients from within Outlook
- Simplify collaboration by using SharePoint to automatically consolidate edits from various team members into a single document
- Reduce time spent searching for the right email attachment
- Eliminate out-of-space email alerts
- For administrators, the new Quest AttachThis Pro increases SharePoint adoption by streamlining the use of SharePoint for users, and centralizing the experience for busy administrators. Using AttachThis Pro, administrators can:
- Control where end users store their email attachments in SharePoint with easily identifiable smart tags
- Improve security by granting document access to email recipients only
- Perform statistical analysis of organizational usage of AttachThis