In celebration of the upcoming Global Games being held in London, QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today rolled out its new QlikView Global Games App. The free app, available online or through any mobile device, enables fans to visualize, analyze, compare, and contrast decades of summer games history and results, exploring different athletes, events, countries, and more. Once the games kick off, the app will be updated with real-time data for the duration of the event.
Developed using the QlikView Business Discovery platform, usually applied by companies to make informed business decisions, the app is a great way to catch up on the games or make predictions on who will take home gold in 2012. With thousands of statistics, results, and data combinations dating back to the beginning of the modern games, the Global Games App is the easiest way to discover fascinating facts and trends. Users can ask a seemingly limitless number of questions and impress friends and co-workers with answers to quirky trivia such as:
- The correlation between an athlete’s height and the amount and type of medals won
- Who the oldest or the youngest athletes are in a specific summer games
- How well the host country performs in each event type
- What country characteristics are associated with greater success in the summer games
“With the games in London right around the corner, QlikView’s Global Games App gives fans a fun and unique way to discover the history – and predict the future – of the games,” said Jeff Boehm, vice president of global product marketing at QlikTech. “Business Discovery is all about empowering people to ask unique and exciting questions to learn more about the data that is important to them. The Global Games App gives fans the ability to do just that, helping them get into the spirit of the competition and uncover interesting facts along the way.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV