Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) and DoSomething.org along with teen actress and recording artist Bella Thorne teamed up with celebrities including Harry Shum, Jr., Kendall and Kylie Jenner, JoJo, Kat Graham and teen volunteers to stuff backpacks with school supplies for Los Angeles-area students in need. The annual Staples for Students celebrity school supply drive at the Globe Theater at Universal followed yesterday’s Teen Choice Awards. The event celebrated the season-long campaign that provides a chance for teens across the country to give back to their community.
“I am so excited to celebrate this awesome program with my fans and fellow celebrities with the help of Staples and DoSomething.org,” said Bella Thorne. “It’s an honor to be the face of this campaign, and I encourage everyone to get involved to collect supplies.”
Led by Thorne, teen volunteers worked with celebrities to fill hundreds of backpacks with school essentials donated by Staples. As part of the fifth annual campaign partnering with DoSomething.org, Staples will also provide more than $125,000 worth of supplies to students nationwide to ensure they go back to school with the necessary supplies they need to succeed.
“The stars truly aligned for this important cause, and seeing these celebrities in action will motivate teens to make a difference,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president of retail marketing at Staples. “Staples has a long history of supporting education and is truly inspired by the power of young people to improve local communities across the country.”Thorne also entertained guests with the first performance of her newest original single, “Can’t Stay Away,” with emerging boy-band IM5 followed by Elton John protégé, Tallia Storm, making her U.S. debut performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV