Thursday is also the busiest biotech earnings days of the week, with Amgen (AMGN), Celgene (CELG), Gilead Sciences (GILD), Alkermes (ALKS) and United Therapeutics (UTHR) all reporting second-quarter results.
Amgen: Analysts are looking for earnings of $1.54 per share on total revenue of $4.08 billion. Worldwide Aranesp sales are expected to total $525 million in the quarter, Prolia/Xgeva sales $279 million, Enbrel sales $962 million.
Celgene: Consensus earnings of $1.18 per share on total revenue of $1.35 billion, including Revlimid sales of $922 million.
Gilead Sciences: Consensus earnings of 95 cents per share on total revenue of $2.29 billion, encompassing total product sales of $2.2 billion and worldwide HIV franchise sales of $1.88 billion.Alkermes: Consensus earnings estimate of 16 cents per share on total revenue of $127.5 million. United Therapeutics: Consensus earnings estimate of $1.13 per share on total revenue of $213.7 million. Also reporting second-quarter earnings on Thursday: Roche, Sanofi (SNY) and AstraZeneca (AXN). Friday, July 27 Merck (MRK) reports second-quarter earnings. Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) and Progenics (PGNX): FDA approval decision for expansion of the Relistor label to include treatment of opioid-induced constipation in patients with chronic, non-cancer pain. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV