- All-cash price of US$27.50 per Nexen common share
- The price represents a premium of 61% to the closing price of Nexen's common shares on the NYSE on July 20, 2012, and a premium of 66% to Nexen's 20 trading-day volume-weighted average share price
- Delivers significant and immediate value to Nexen shareholders
- The transaction has received the unanimous approval of Nexen's and CNOOC Limited's Boards of Directors
- The acquisition of Nexen enhances CNOOC Limited's presence in Canada, Nigeria and the Gulf of Mexico, adds a significant presence in the U.K. North Sea and diversifies CNOOC Limited's growth platform
- The acquisition provides significant long-term benefits to Canada which are expected to include:
- Establishing Calgary as CNOOC Limited's North and Central American headquarters, which will manage Nexen's global operations and CNOOC Limited's existing operations in the region (comprising approximately US$8 billion of CNOOC Limited's existing assets);
- Intending to retain Nexen's current management team and employees;
- Enhancing capital expenditures on Nexen's assets;
- Intending to list CNOOC Limited shares on the TSX; and
- Enhancing community and social commitments
CNOOC Limited Enters Into Definitive Agreement To Acquire Nexen Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.