CHICAGO, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for new- and used-car buyers, announced today that the 2012 Honda CR-V is the winner of the Compact SUV Shootout. The shootout pitted six compact SUVs under $25,000 that also get at least a 30 mpg highway rating against each other in a series of tests.
"This was a competitive shootout of an important segment, and we were impressed with all of the vehicles," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com editor-in-chief. "The winning Honda CR-V is a great choice for compact SUV shoppers because of its impressive lineup of standard features, great comfort and overall ride, all combined with Honda's history of strong reliability."
The Shootout featured testing by experts from Cars.com, USA Today and "MotorWeek." Additionally, a Chicago-based family tested these six vehicles to determine which one fit their needs of comfort, reliability and efficiency.
Vehicle testing included:
- A 200-mile drive ranging from urban streets to a wide-open interstate.
- Driving of every vehicle by every expert over the same course to test for overall ride, handling, acceleration and braking.
- One day of testing by a family in the market for a new vehicle; they joined the experts to give their impressions on the six compact SUVs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV