Diana Containerships Inc. Stock Downgraded (DCIX)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Diana Containerships (Nasdaq:DCIX) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- DCIX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.89% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for DIANA CONTAINERSHIPS INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.90%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DCIX's net profit margin of 15.00% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Marine industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DIANA CONTAINERSHIPS INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 290.87% to $7.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DIANA CONTAINERSHIPS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.66%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV