Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Traders were making last-minute bullish bets on Hasbro (HAS) on Friday before the company releases its second-quarter earnings numbers in the premarket Monday.
Calls were active at the August 35 strike throughout the day but really picked up in the final hour of trading. More than 8,800 of the options traded for 60 cents to 90 cents against open interest of just 484 contracts, according to OptionMonster's real-time tracking systems.
Hasbro rose 0.36% on Friday to close at $33.84. The toy maker had been drifting lower since hitting resistance above $37 in early May but bounced off a seven-month support level last Monday and has been rallying back sharply.For Friday's long calls to turn be profitable, Hasbro needs to gain at least 5% or 6% by expiration in a month. Total option volume in the name was about 12 times its daily average, with 11,600 calls outnumbering 4,800 puts at all strikes. Najarian owns a call spread in HAS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV