CGGVeritas Announces Strategic Alliance With SMNG For Marine Acquisition
CGGVeritas (Paris:GA) (NYSE:CGV) announced today the signature of a framework agreement with JSC SEVMORNEFTEGEOFIZIKA (SMNG) to form a strategic alliance. Together, CGGVeritas and SMNG intend to jointly address the growing Russian and CIS high-end seismic vessels market and coordinate their complementary capacities worldwide.
SMNG is the largest marine geophysical company in Russia and the CIS and provides a wide range of marine geophysical services worldwide, including 2D/3D marine seismic acquisition, navigation and positioning services, seismic data processing and integrated interpretation of seismic data.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO, CGGVeritas, said: “ At a time when seismic Russian and CIS exploration is becoming increasingly important, we are very pleased to sign this strategic alliance with SMNG, the leading marine geophysical company in Russia and the CIS. It creates a solid foundation for future growth in the region.”About CGGVeritas CGGVeritas ( www.cggveritas.com) is a leading international pure-play geophysical company delivering a wide range of technologies, services and equipment through Sercel, to its broad base of customers mainly throughout the global oil and gas industry. CGGVeritas is listed on the Euronext Paris (ISIN: 0000120164) and the New York Stock Exchange (in the form of American Depositary Shares, NYSE: CGV).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV