The transaction will create the largest independent power generator in the U.S., with the ability to provide up to 47,000 megawatts of electricity.
According to the companies, NRG plans to exchange 0.1216 of a share of its common stock for each share of GenOn common stock.
Based on NRG's closing stock price of $18.05 on Friday, the deal represents a 20.6% premium to GenOn's closing price of $1.82.Once the transaction is completed, NRG shareholders will own 71% of the combined company, while GenOn shareholders will own 29%. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll In the news release announcing the deal, NRG also said its standalone adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization would be about $530 million for the second quarter and $830 million for the first half of the year. NRG also reaffirmed its full-year 2012 standalone guidance of adjusted EBITDA of $1.825 billion to $2.0 billion. Meanwhile, GenOn raised its full-year (standalone) guidance for EBITDA to $467 million from $446 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV