Coca-Cola is a reminder that, if you only focus on fiscal cliffs and German intransigence and Chinese slowdowns, you miss what this market does best. You miss companies with superior management delivering better-than-expected quarters, which will then give you higher dividends and better capital appreciation.
Coke's brand, Coke's balance sheet and Coke's vision make a mockery of the brands and balance sheets and visions of the countries that interfere into our thinking every day. Management, pedigree, smarts: They are all more powerful than taxes, budget deficits and even employment woes.
Sometimes I think that, if we just talked stocks and didn't talk politics and its accoutrements, we would make you a lot more money.
Check that. We would almost always make you more money, and it would be a heck of a lot more interesting.Hmm -- it's something to think about. At the time of publication, Cramer had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV