And Charles from the outset, he is the Chair of our Audit Committee came to us and said, one of the things that I worry about a lot for companies is, somehow rather running a miss or running a fail of an ethics and a compliance issue. It can cost you a lot of money. It can cost you a lot of reputation. So I want to make sure that everything you do is focused around compliance in the ethics area.
So we had in place before I think some very good and rigorous programs, if anything we’ve strengthen those programs. And we have internal training and other methods by which we convey the importance of this, but we also make sure that we get our folks on Board with the idea that this is an important priority and not just some kind of an add-on that sits out there, to be paid attention too every now and then.
Another area that we have focused on and I think has been a great benefit to us is we take pride in where we fit in the communities, where we leave and where we work. We have what we think is a very innovative and creative style about how we spend our money and our time and our effort on behalf of worthwhile community causes.
As you might imagine, a firm of our size and our statue in the Washington community among other communities, San Diego and other places where we have large presence, we get constantly solicited by people to say, can you give us donation or contribution.And while we certainly are eager to be able to participate, we’ve chosen to actually spend our time and our money in a way that says, what we really want to do is get our people involve. When our people come to us and they tell us that they want to work in a particular charitable activity and they are committed to it, and they bring their friends and their colleagues with them to work in that activity, we put it up corporate money behind that to support it and make it successful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV