Now, we’ve created an operating model and a culture that supports that and that’s also very important. You can’t just declare that you want to do these things and do not have the internal infrastructure and support mechanism enable you to do that.
And key thing for Booz Allen is the fact that we face everything on a single P&L. So we collect up this entire enterprise into one P&L. You are going to hear from some of our very important and key leaders today that all have responsibilities within that P&L, but they are not worried about their piece as much as what’s going on in the whole.
So when I hear one of our folks tell us, hey, what the client really like is you can move resources around quickly, be able to get me the expertise I need or when we face the situation where there maybe a downturn in the particular area that we are able to move resources out of that area into another area.
From my advantage point its ideal because I don’t have to worry about arguing with one of the people who leads a market or a capability about their particular piece of the pie or how they fit in, because we are all incented to be able to contribute to this -- to the benefit of the whole and the single P&L allows you to do that. And no matter how you may cut, if you divide up a P&L responsibility, people are going to manage to whatever their share of the P&L is, this when we manage to is our collective P&L.And that thing allows us to be the only firm I’m aware of, of our size and our complexity, that’s able to operate the metrics that we operate. This is the metrics where we have our three major market areas, in defense, consumable market, the security and intelligence markets, and then we array our functional capabilities against that in the other dimension and we work through this metrics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV