Thanks, Mike. The second quarter, given the economic volume, was a hard-fought quarter that yielded profits within our guidance. We did see declining trends throughout the quarter but for the most part, excluding the non-recurring items and the change in currency, which only affects us really on a translation basis, our operations came in where we anticipated.
We were anticipating constant currency revenue of flat to minus two. We came in down 1% for the second quarter. The revenue performances across the board were pretty much in line with what we had anticipated from a segment perspective with no segment being down more than 2.7% (inaudible).
Americas, slightly up at 1.4% as well as Asia up by 1.8%. And Right Management finished the second quarter up by 2.9%. We expected to have an earnings per share between $0.68 and $0.76 and, in fact, we earned $0.76 excluding the effect of the non-recurring items.As we talked about in our conference calls, we see this current downturn as quite different than what we experienced in 2008. There really is no major fall off but rather a slow, decline of business that is holding true across all geographies at this time.In total, our operating profit increased 11% in constant currency and our earnings per share dropped 5% in constant, (including) the non-recurring items.While we were able to do a fair amount of work on our gross profit margin, we – there still is a lot more to do. In fact, we saw some drop in our permanent recruitment, which is what we've been seeing across the board for a little bit of time right now and we are still seeing some challenges in the staffing part of our business.That is an overview. I'd like to turn it over to Mike to discuss the details.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV