Strategic Global Income Fund, Inc. (the "Fund") (NYSE: SGL), a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company seeking a high level of current income as a primary objective and capital appreciation as a secondary objective through investments in US and foreign debt securities, today released portfolio statistics for the Fund as of June 30, 2012.
|Portfolio statistics as of June 30, 2012 (1)|
|Percentage of net assets|
|Top ten countries (bond holdings only) (2)|
|Top ten currency exposures (includes all securities and other instruments)||Percentage of net assets|
|United States Dollar||57.5%|
|New Zealand Dollar||4.2%|
|Credit quality (3)||Percentage of net assets|
|US Treasury (4)||15.1%|
|US Agency (4,5)||9.5%|
|CCC and Below||2.4%|
|Cash and other assets, less liabilities||0.6%|
(1) The Fund’s portfolio is actively managed, and its portfolio composition will vary over time.
(2) Excludes exposures obtained via derivatives (e.g., swaps).
(3) Credit quality ratings shown are based on those assigned by Standard & Poor’s, a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (“S&P”), to individual portfolio holdings. S&P is an independent ratings agency. Rating reflected represents S&P individual debt issue credit rating. While S&P may provide a credit rating for a bond issuer (e.g., a specific company or country); certain issues, such as some sovereign debt, may not be covered or rated and therefore are reflected as non-rated for the purposes of this table.(4) S&P downgraded long-term US government debt on August 5, 2011 to AA+. Other rating agencies continue to rate long-term US government debt in their highest ratings categories. The Fund’s aggregate exposure to AA rated debt as of June 30, 2012 would include the percentages indicated above for AA, US Treasury and US Agency debt but has been broken out into three separate categories to facilitate understanding. (5) Includes agency debentures and agency mortgage-backed securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV