CenterPoint Energy (CNP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities leader. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, CenterPoint Energy rose 23 cents (1.1%) to $21.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of CenterPoint Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.82-$21.18 after having opened the day at $20.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.92. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), up 11.9%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), up 3%, Active Power (ACPW), up 2.4%, and EQT (EQT), up 2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CenterPoint Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CNP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV