Cablevision Systems (CVC) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media leader. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems rose 41 cents (2.9%) to $14.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.3 million shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.30-$14.90 after having opened the day at $14.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.16. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Seven Arts Entertainment (SAPX), up 14.7%, Dolan (DM), up 6.6%, Liberty Global (LBTYB), up 5.4%, and Dex One (DEXO), up 4.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CVC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV