Lufkin Industries (LUFK) is a global supplier of artificial lift products, technology, services and solutions, including automated control equipment and analytical products for artificial lift equipment, to the oil and gas industry. This stock is trading up 3.5% at $57.82 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 408,000Average Volume: 429,586 Volume % Change: 59% From a technical perspective, LUFK is moving sharply to the upside here with decent volume, and this stock has started to take out its 50-day moving average of $56.43. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as LUFK is trending above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 429,586 shares as bullish. If LUFK can hold this trend above its 50-day, then this stock could continue to spike higher and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $60.20 to $61.87. If those levels are taken out with volume, then LUFK could re-test its 200-day moving average of $67.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV