SLM's (SLM) primary business is to originate, service and collect loans it makes to students and/or their parents to finance the cost of their education. This stock is trading up 5.3% at $16.00 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.75 millionAverage Volume: 4.25 million Volume % Change: 163% Shares of SLM are ripping to the upside today after Janney Capital upgraded the stock to buy from neutral. From a technical perspective, SLM is moving sharply higher here with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing SLM within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once SLM takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $16.44, and then some past overhead resistance at $16.74 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once SLM sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 4,247,980 shares. If we get that action soon, then SLM will enter new 52-week-high territory once it clears $17.00, which would be bullish technical price action. SLM was also featured in "5 Rocket Stocks to Buy for Earnings Season."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV